Thursday, November 4, 2010

Duck Day

The last few days have been the epitome of late spring / early summer. Sunny and in the 70s. Light breezes. High fluffy clouds. Clear blue skies. Yesterday was so perfect -- you could just smell impending summer on the air -- that I found myself reminiscing about vacations in Rincon, Puerto Rico.

Today (and tomorrow it looks like) is gray, windy, and damp. Very damp. My plans to go hiking on Mt. Coot-tha? Shelved. New plan? Experimenting with a new spaghetti sauce recipe. While the kitchen here in Brisbane makes me really appreciate my kitchen in DC (where's my cast iron skillet? My soup pot? My wham-wham food chopper?? My GEORGE FOREMAN GRILL for the love of God????), it's more than adequate to spaghetti sauce and I'm grateful it works as well as it does.

Outside is for ducks today. Inside is for cookin'!

2 comments: