Wednesday, October 20, 2010

To Market, To Market

Australia seems to have a pretty robust "market" thing going on. Here in the Brisbane there are both traditional farmers markets as well as crafts markets. Eumundi, where my friends Ben and Andrea live, has a huge crafts market (it's a bona fide tourist attraction!).

Downtown Brisbane has a weekly farmers market on Brisbane Square, right next to the library, on Wednesdays. I've gotten into the habit of cruising for fresh fruits, vegetables, meats, and cheese. They've also got oils, nuts, prepared foods, candy, herbs, pasta, and a host of other things.

Today has been gray and overcast with intermittent rain but I decided I'd go anyways. And I got caught in a downpour! Of course, I didn't have my rain hat or rain coat with me. But I was able to hang out under one of the vendors stalls until it cleared enough for me to dash home.

Here are some of my pictures from it.



















No comments:

Post a Comment