Friday, March 28, 2014

Where the Heck Has Kelly Been?

I know, I know, I promised lots of blogging from Australia and I've been utterly silent for weeks, even though I arrived here March 16. What can I say?

I could say....

I arrived with a sinus thing that I thought was allergies and would clear up when I got to Australia. It didn't. It got worse. My first 4 days here were all about trying to figure out how to get the appropriate help in an appropriate way. Took about a week to get that truly under control. As a side benefit, I had a killer cough that kept me up more than one night.

I could say....

I arrived in the middle of a heat wave. You say "well, sure, Australia is hot". Not THIS hot and not in the middle of March. This was 80s - 90s with very high humidity. Lots of homes do NOT have air conditioning, just fans. Combine that with my sinus/cough misery and I really wasn't getting any sleep. The heat craziness broke 4 or 5 days ago.

I could say....

When I came in '09 I came as a tourist and had lots of pics and stories to share.
When I came in '10 I came as a foreign resident with lots of pics and observations to share.
When I've come in '14, I'm just here to enjoy myself and re-visit places I've already posted pictures of (see: '09, '10). I'm on vacation and I'm just doing what feels good at any given time.

All of these things are true (which is why I'm saying them!). I'm simply enjoying myself. I'm simply happy (except for the heat and sinuses). That's hard to take pictures of or tell stories about. Which doesn't mean I won't try. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment