Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Starting Over

17 days back and I'm feeling myself falling.....

Before-Australia, my days and nights had a rhythm. Sometimes I thought that rhythm would flatten me but it was familiar, known, expected. In general, it revolved around my work.

My work is....well, it's not there. I had one client on Monday. Two more on Thursday. Only one next week. I knew it would take a while to re-build. Now I don't just "know" it, I see it on my calendar (all those blank spaces!).

I am having trouble relaxing into the open spaces. I am facing a different economic truth from pre-Australia and from in-Australia. We're not destitute, we're not broke (OK, I kinda am), and we're fine. But....

The old rhythm isn't there. Is it a matter of patience? Of course it is. Is it time to crack my knuckles (metaphorically) and engage in some active marketing? Of course it is. Is this completely normal? Sure!

It still feels weird. Very weird. Ask me again in a week, it could be a totally different story.

Re-entry. It is never exactly what you expect.

No comments:

Post a Comment