Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Changed Habits: Driving

It is a question -- how many of the Australia-inspired changes in my habits and perspectives will survive my transition back to DC?

I found Queenslanders to be better drivers than Washingtonians. They did not speed nearly as much as we do and they almost (no one's perfect) always let someone change lanes in front of them, even slowing down to permit that to happen. In DC, you are on your own if you want to change lanes and good luck!

I've done a fair amount of driving since I've been back. I can be quite the speed-demon driving west on I-66 to Manassas but everywhere else I am far more likely to be driving at or below the speed limit (in the far right lane, I promise!), much to the annoyance of the lead-footers behind me.

I like this. It turns out to be much easier on my nervous system. Also, maybe I'll stop getting tickets from the speed camera in front of Gallaudet University on Sunday mornings! That would be nice too.

Thank you Queensland for making a positive change in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment