Saturday, February 26, 2011

Color.....or shave?

I'm taking part in Australia's Worlds Greatest Shave 2011. Here's the deal:

The Leukaemia Foundation funds services to support patients and families living with leukaemias, lymphomas, myeloma and related blood disorders. All the services are free. My fundraising also funds blood cancer research to find better treatments and cures.

If I receive contributions of $500 or more, I will color my whole head. I've done stripes of color before but this is for all my hair. When you make your contribution, leave a message about which color you vote for: pink, purple, blue, red, or green.

If I receive contributions of $1,500 or more.....I will shave my head (yipes!). I will leave a little teeny bit of hair (so I don't end up with a completely sun-burned scalp; I am in Australia after all.) but otherwise, it's cueball time!


Why am I doing this?


  • For my friends who've worked so hard for the Team in Training and other similar groups: Anna, Gigi, and Sandi specifically.

  • For Australia. It's a nice country and it's been good to me. This is a way to say "thank you".

  • I'm donating plasma every 2 weeks during 2011 as a New Years resolution and this fits in well with that.

  • Finally because....well....why not? I don't have to go to an office, I don't see clients, so I don't have to worry about the effect on my business and because, well, I'm that kinda gal!


The deadline is MARCH 12 because that's when I have an appointment with my hairdresser.

C'mon, you know you want to have a vote on what I do with my head! Colour or shave? What'll it be, friends??

No comments:

Post a Comment